Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Who's Saved and Who's not Saved

http://confessionsofanunchurchedbeliever.blogspot.com/2007/08/parable-of-sower.html

The parable of the sower fits what Hannah says perfectly. I never really thought about it that way, but now that she mentions it, it makes complete sense and clicks for me.

Still, the topic brings up a lot of questions. Does it mean that those who are not yet deeply rooted in Christ, who are still babes in Christ, are not going to heaven until they become more firmly grounded in Him? This question popped in my head when you mentioned Peter's faith, but I think I can resolve it by remembering that Peter had not yet experienced the resurrection and had his eyes opened.

We, too, must have our eyes opened. One person plants a seed, but only God can work in your life until you completely surrender to Him and accept Christ as your savior. The official eye opening moment. The moment you truly accept Christ as savior, profess Him as your savior, and the Holy Spirit enters you.
But what about those who die when they are still babe's and have not yet become firmly rooted? What is your definition of firmly rooted?

What happens to those who never hear of Christ? I've always wondered this myself. In the book "The Last Sin Eater" Francine Rivers implies that God looks at the heart. One character who dies is said to have always known there must be some sort of real official sin eater out there, that their rituals aren't the real thing. It's implied that nature and the way of life made her think this and that since she had a good heart and knew in her heart that there was something real out there (and already believed in God) that God would allow her into heaven.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the trackback and the link. I've added you to my blogroll, too. :)

Hannah said...

NYC, I truly enjoy your questions! For the simple fact that it's nice to be able to diaglogue peacefully about the Word with another Believer.

I will be answering your questions in a post for the simple fact that the nature of these questions require care and scripture so, prayerfully, the Lord will be evident in His Word through me. God Bless you NYC!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and sorry for commenting under the wrong post. :) I clicked the link above the post title and didn't realize until later that I had clicked the wrong one...