Sunday, August 12, 2007

Losing Weight for the Right Reasons

http://hopeforthefamily.blogspot.com/2007/08/scale-is-not-your-friend.html

I've been losing about a pound a week for about five weeks now. All I do is eat healthier as well as eat smaller portions. I also try to get some physical activity in.

One motivator I have in walking my dogs is taking a book or my Bible with me and stopping at the park to read for an hour or so. I get the exercise I need and an hour of solitude with God's wonder shown through the sunrise (or sunset, the birds' chirping, and the soft breeze that keeps me cool. It's a wonderful experience.

It is also good to remember that often where you are when you weigh can make a difference by a couple of pounds. When I weigh at the doctor's office I always way in 5 pounds more than I do at home. I've heard that if you go to a different elevation your weight on the scales will also change. So, yes, the scale is unreliable.

Weighing yourself too often puts stress on your shoulders and can control your life. It often make you pessimistic. This is what Satan wants. He tries to control us through our thoughts and through our obsessions. I suggest that instead of letting our weight go to our head, we should give it all up to Jesus. We cannot accomplish anything if we do not try to accomplish it in the right way. If it is all about losing weight so you can look sexier and attract more guys, if its is about your own selfish motives, you often will not get anywhere with it. But when you trust Jesus and try to lose weight in an effort to represent Him better, then you may just get results.

No comments: