Wednesday, August 15, 2007

High School Musical 2

http://jeremysconsumerscorner.blogspot.com/2007/08/high-school-musical-2.html

Disney has already announced it's planning to make a High School Musical 3.

Zac Efron is getting quite popular. He was in Hairspray and is sign up to play the main role in the upcoming big screen revival of Footloose. I'm not too crazy about them making another Footloose film. I'm glad that if they're going to make another one they're going to do the musical version, but I never liked the story of teens rebelling against their parents. Nor did I like the impression given that all Christians are strict people who only care about following the rules and are people who hate any kind of dancing. It's not true in all cases.

Hollywood has given audiences a lot of remakes of musicals lately. I hate to say it, but it all started with Disney. As much as I like seeing musicals appreciated in society once again, I must admit that I have not liked Disney since I was a child. Sometimes I’ll watch the Disney Channel, but I really don’t see anything worthy in it. I miss the family friendly aspect of it. These days all you see is a teenage friendly channel. I’ve seen better efforts come from Disney in past years with the weekly movie on ABC, but there has not been much of that going on lately. I miss the days of the Mickey Mouse Club, Anne of Green Gables, Zorro, and old shows. Even the Broadway shows have deteriorated. Tarzan was a flop. It closed on July 8, 2007. Mary Poppins is doing well, as well as The Lion King, but Beauty and the Beast is closing this summer. I love Beauty and the Beast, but late productions of it have lacked energy and good acting. I’m finding that only original casts are any good, and Tarzan did not even have that. Disney shows are choppy and half the time are cheesy. As much as I like "High School Musical," I can't help but think it makes fun of old fashioned Broadway. I don't think we need new, modern shows like "Spring Awakening" that lack any moral. In my eyes, these are the end of the Disney days. I’m sure it will exist a lot longer, but without the integrity it once had. I miss the days when shows were clean and taught kids good morals. That was the original Disney.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link!