Thursday, August 16, 2007

What's Your Stand on Homosexuality?

http://www.sicarii.net/2007/08/17/you-can-call-me-names-but-ill-persist-in-my-beliefs

I completely agree!!! I, too, have trouble making people understand that I don't judge the homosexual person, just their lifestyle. I was once one of those people who avoided homosexuals and felt extremely uncomfortable around them.

When I participated in a secular acting program that had homosexual members my judging problem got in the way and those members knew I didn't like them. I had not yet learned to treat them rightly and to not judge.

Since then, I've learned to stand up against the lifestyle and gay marriage, but to not treat homosexuals as if they were below me. They have the right to choose that lifestyle, after all.

I've learned that homosexuals are often a lot kinder than straight people. Sometimes I wonder why Christians can't be that nice. Unfortunatetlt they also serve good purposes that should not fall to them. We live in a messed up world. I had a friend once who was sexually abused by men at a young age and thus felt confortable around homosexuals.

As far as homosexuals in the church go, I think that's just disgusting and wrong and should be guarded against by the leaders in the church. We need a makeover in our churches today. There are way too many politics behind the scenes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, depends on what you mean by "homosexuals in the church." :) I think we want homosexuals to come to church. We don't want practicing homosexuals in positions of authority, of course, but I'm sure we all want homosexuals to come to know Christ.