Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christian Themes in Writing

http://writingright-martin.blogspot.com/2007/12/handling-spiritual-thread-in-christian.html

As a quick note I'd like to say that I have read and reviewed Gail's new book on Christian romance writing and I highly recommend it.

As far as her post goes, I highly agree that stories should not preach the Christian message to the point where it annoys the reader. This will push the reader away. Another thing that is important to me is that stories be realistic. We don't go around preaching in real life and people are not converted to Christianity in a short amount of time in real life. I just saw a Christmas program the other day that I did not like because after one song about the Christmas story everyone came to know Christ. The song was very powerful, but the ending ruined it for me, especially since everyone present was clapping and screaming throughout the song in "excitement and joy for God."

No comments: