Sunday, September 2, 2007

Prayer

http://freedomofthespirit.blogspot.com/2007/08/practicing-presence-by-max-lucado.html

I love Max Lucado. He always has so much to say that reminds me of God's love and what God requires of me. Thanks for posting this. It's a great reminder for me. I'm not very good at praying out loud, in fact, I don't like praying in front of others. I feel fake about it. But when I'm alone with God I feel genuine. THe only problem is I don't pray too often. I forget to pray in the morning and in the night and during the day. When I remember to pray my thoughts often trail off to other places. I guess I'll just have to make more of an effort and pray that God will help me in my prayer efforts and make my prayers genuine.

1 comment:

Poorhouse Dad said...

I like the idea that it's OK to just be silent and know that God is present because I often know that I ought be in prayer but have no idea what to say, and my prayer lasts about one sentence. Sometimes it gets so difficult the only way I can pray is by writing or typing a message to God. Then I tell ask the Lord to please accept that as my prayer to Him. Afterwards, I destroy or erase it.

So that gives me an idea: If someone started a prayer blog where the prayers were entered just like this comment, would people use it?